- Set-up, program, and machine parts, per specified tolerance on CNC mills
- Analyze design data of parts to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, machine speeds, and feed rates, according to the knowledge of machine shop processes, part specifications, and machine capabilities.
- Determine reference points and direction of machine cutting paths.
- Compute angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures, outline sequence of operations required to machine the part.
- Perform quality work checks ensuring the product meets the final fit and finish.
- Demonstrate knowledge of computers and electronics, computer numerical control, and basics of CNC programming.
- Perform own set-ups and programming of machines using the latest Mastercam and Fusion 360 software.
- Read, interpret, and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, and other written instructions.
- Interpret geometric tolerancing and dimensioning.
- Use a feed & speed chart or a calculator to determine appropriate feeds, speeds, and depth of cuts.
- Use precision measuring instruments such as micrometers.
- Work overtime and weekends as workload dictates.
- Generate cutter paths.
- Education and Certifications
- High school diploma or equivalent, technical training, and certifications a plus.
- Some knowledge of SolidWorks a benefit.
- Lathe operation and programming a plus.
- 6 years experience in machining and blueprint reading
- Experience in a job shop environment helpful
- Machining: 6 years (Preferred)
- Blueprint reading: 6 years (Preferred)
- SolidWorks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Lathe operation and programming: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mastercam: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fusion 360: 1 year (Preferred)
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the form below.