A great method for installing fasteners is to use an installation-gun on the robot that includes a magazine full of fasteners. Flexible Automation’s solution is the Clip Setter RLP. This robot-mounted “gun” is similar in concept to a staple-gun. The tool has a magazine that carries approximately twenty-five fasteners. The robot aligns the barrel of the tool with the product and then triggers the tool. A pneumatic cylinder drives the fastener down into the hole or over the boss.
The magazine-based tool is superior to all other tool types because it has higher carrying capacity, a quick reload time, better maneuverability, and is low maintenance.
- Affordable labor reducing automation.
- Avoid repetitive motion injuries and uncomfortable tasks for operators.
- Fast and reliable method for installing many styles of clips, nuts, and other fasteners.
- On-board magazine individually designed for different styles of fasteners.
- Capacity: fifteen to twenty 1/2” diameter fasteners
- Uses a vibratory feeder and “Speed-Dock” to reload the tool in under three seconds.
- Pedestal mount capability for applications using transfer robots.
- Tool weight: 4.4 lbs. (1.99 kg)
- Installation force: max 20 lbs. / 89 N
- 80 PSI required
REQUEST SPEC SHEET
Request More Info
Let's chat about how this can fit your solution. Simply fill out the form below and we will be in
touch within 1 business day to discuss a solution.